A mermaid style Saree drape beautifully exemplifies the latest innovations in Saree draping. This mermaid style Saree draping is a fusion of traditional and contemporary way of how to wear a Saree.
You can flaunt this draping style can be worn in two different ways. Either you can wear it with the pallu at the back or bringing the pallu on front.
Before you begin with Mermaid style Saree draping, check out this HD video tutorial by Utsav Fashion and learn steps to wear Saree in mermaid style.
- An embellished Saree with contrast pallu
- A designer blouse
- A matching petticoat
- A pair of heels
- Jewelry encrusted with gemstones
- Few safety pins
- And around 4 minutes
Easy Steps to Drape Mermaid Style Saree
- We’ll start with tucking one end of the Saree in the in-skirt and wrap one full round.
- Ensure the Saree length falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Now, pick the other end of the Saree and make pallu pleats.
- Hold the pallu pleats, from around the back bring it to the front and place it over the right shoulder.
- Leave the pallu hanging such that it falls 4 inches short of the floor.
- Tuck the leftover untidy portion of the Saree in the in-skirt.
- Now hold the pallu from an inside pleat corner and from around the back bring it to the front.
- Pin the pallu corner on the in-skirt a span length below the waist, beneath the pallu.
Tips & Tricks
- Choose a Saree with contrast pallu to get the color blocked look.
- Pulling and pinning the pallu corner firmly gives a fitted look around the waist.
- Save your time over pleats and palla by keeping it pinned in place earlier.
- Make sure to wear your sandals beforehand to get the right length of Saree.
- Keep safety pins close.
- Be ready with some make-up to save on time.
You are going to adore these exquisite Thread Work, Hand Embroidered and Zari Work Sarees. And even better you will get these at your doorstep.