What is an Indowestern Style Saree?
Indowestern style saree is a modern twist to the traditional saree look. If you are bored of the dull nivi style look, go for this chic saree style.
- They are an immensely popular style among new-age women.
- Trendy Indowestern style sarees come in a large variety
- They are embellished with beads, sequins, zari, and more.
- Wear Indo Western Saree for weddings, festivities, cocktails, family functions and other special occasions.
- Most Indowestern style sarees are easy to drape and carry.
- You can also go for pre-stitched sarees that can be quickly draped in a minute.
- Today, a number of Indo-Western draping styles have become prevalent. They are fishtail drapes, off-shoulder drapes, infinity drapes, and many more.
The spotlight moves onto the contemporary style of Fancy Saree draping in this video. Popularly known as the Indo-Western style of wearing a Saree, this drape is an innovative adaptation of the traditional one.
Usually worn in printed or color block Sarees. It makes for a great fashion statement and has become a global trend.
Essential Preparations Before You Start Draping
- Choosing the Right Saree and Blouse
- Gathering the Required Accessories
- Preparing the Saree for Draping
- Printed or any contemporary saree
- Complementing Jeggings or Leggings
- A smart blouse
- A smart Jacket
- A pair of Stilettos
- Few safety pins
- And around 4 minutes
Additional Read: How to Drape Gujarati Style Saree?
Step-by-Step Guide to Draping an Indowestern Style Saree
- Take one end of the Saree, make 6-7 pleats and tuck it in the centre facing left.
- Tuck such that the remaining length of the Saree is to your left and emerges from the innermost pleat.
- Ensure the Saree length falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Tuck your Saree towards the left measuring your span width. You can even tuck the Saree halfway around the back.
- Now, pick the other end of the Saree, and make pallu pleats.
- Bring the pleats from around the back to the front and place them over the left shoulder.
- Leave the Saree loose so that it makes a deep U on the right side of the waist.
- Now, pin the pallu pleats neatly on the shoulder.
Styling Tips and Tricks of Draping
- Wear Jeggings instead of a petticoat for this contemporary drape style.
- Always wear your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree at the foot.
- Secure pallu pleats with the help of clamps.
- Be ready with basic make-up, to save on overall dressing time.
- Keep trendy Jewelry for accessorizing.
Indowestern Saree Draping for Different Occasions
Indowestern sarees look gorgeous at all times.
- The contemporary draping style is renowned for its touch of fusion to your traditional wear. You can choose an indowestern saree for every occasion of your life and flaunt this style.
- At Utsav Fashion, we have an awe-inspiring line of indowestern saree that are exquisitely detailed with zari, thread, resham, and many striking embroideries.
- For a daytime event, you can pick a pastel indowestern saree in chiffon or georgette.
- For a night event like a party, cocktail, reception, or wedding, steal the show in a black sequin saree and pair it with a matching belt.
Come, choose from a vast collection of Printed, Chiffon or Georgette Sarees to drape Indo western style.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How to drape a saree quickly?
Ans: Check these quick tutorials to drape your saree quickly. It’s easy to understand.
2. Which sarees are easiest to drape?
Ans: Pre-stitched or pre-draped sarees are the easiest to drape. They have ready-made pleats and take 15 seconds to get a polished saree look.
3. Which saree draping styles look slim?
Ans: Nivi saree drape, Bengali drape, Loose pallu, and Mermaid draping style help in making you look slim.
4. How to wear a saree in 10 minutes?
Ans: The best way is to pre-drape the pleats beforehand. Once they are ready to wear, it takes less than 10 minutes to drape them completely.
5. How to pleat a saree for beginners?
Ans: Make 5-6 pleats of equal size and tuck it inside the waist at the front. Once you’re done, secure it with a safety pin.