The Double Saree drape is a unique style, where you drape two Sarees seamlessly. Given that double-style Saree draping is a blend of modern and traditional, it is quite popular with fashionistas today.
It is a sure-shot fix to stand out even in a predominantly Indian setting. With this simple video, we resolve your queries about how to wear a double-style Saree. Here, we give you the essential guide to double-style Saree draping steps.
- Two contrast sarees
- A matching blouse
- A petticoat
A pair of matching footwear
- Light Jewelry
- Few safety pins
- And around 4 Minutes
Easy Steps to Drape Double Saree
- Let’s start with the first Saree: take one end of the Saree, make 6-7 pleats and tuck it in the centre of the petticoat.
- Ensure the tucked Saree falls just an inch short of the floor.
- Now, take the pallu end & make pallu pleats.
- Hold the pleats and from around the back bring it to the front.
- Take the pleated pallu, place it over the left shoulder, pin it up neatly and leave the pallu hanging.
- Now, let’s take the other Saree, make 6-7 pleats and tuck it in the center of the petticoat that faces right & overlaps the former Saree pleats.
- Now, take the pallu end & make the pallu pleats
- Hold the pleats and this time bring it from around the back from the other side to the front over the right shoulder and fix it with a pin
Tips & Tricks
- Balance the length of the pallu beforehand and pin it to keep it intact.
- Make sure to wear your footwear beforehand to get the right length of Saree.
- Always pin the Saree at 3 places – Waist pleats, Pallu pleats and Pallu to the blouse/top. Add more pins, wherever required, depending on the drape styles.
- Keep a few safety pins close for quick pin-ups
- Be ready with basic make-up to save time.