Remember the classic Bengali style Saree drape flaunted by Madhuri and Aishwarya in Devdas? If you’re smitten by the lavishness of these stylish Sarees, this Bengali style Saree draping video is for you.
The Bengali style indian wedding sarees is a must have for grand occasions and festival gatherings. All you need is 3 minutes to learn this very classy style of saree draping.
- A traditional silk saree or white saree
- An elegant saree blouse with puff sleeves
- Red and white bangles
- A keyring or trinket
- Round red bindi
- A pair of heels
- Staple filigree Jewelry
- Safety pins
- And around 4 Minutes
6 Easy Steps to Learn Bengali Style Saree Draping
- Let’s start with tucking the Saree end from the right side of the waist and until it completes one full round back to the right side. From black saree to yellow saree, you can choose any type of saree for this process.
- Then tuck the Saree across from right side of the waist to left side and then, the reverse from left to right.
- Repeat the step 2 times.
- Now make pallu pleats and place it on the left shoulder such that it makes a deep U in the front.
- Now pick a pallu corner and tie a trinket to it – the pack of keys or an antique silver keyholder.
- Bring the pallu corner to the front under the right hand and place it on your right shoulder.
Tips & Tricks
- Always wear this red saree or any other color without a fall lining.
- Wear your heels beforehand to get the right length of Saree at the ankle.
- Remember to tie a key ring or trinket to the pallu end.
- Keep safety pins close for quick pin-ups.
- Be ready with basic make-up and save time for touch-ups later.