WHY SHOP FOR SAREES AT UTSAV?
- The largest variety by any stretch of the imagination
- Absolutely and incredibly authentic stuff from master craftsmen.
- 'Exclusive' sarees that cannot be found anywhere else in the online market.
- Different varieties of sarees sourced from different states - all in one site.
- Every colour, every fabric, every kind of work, every style available.
- Sarees is one of the most precious outfits in a women's wardrobe. Though purchasing is a big deal, but saree care and saree wash is something challengeable. Today, owning a silk sari meant not only the initial price of the garment but also the cost of dry cleaning. All silk sarees are washable. Most silk sarees can be hand washed. Technically, silk saree does not shrink like other fabric. A good shampoo works well for clean sari . It will remove oil and revitalize your silk saree.
- Learn how to clean a sari, saree care instructions, saree wash and dry clean instructions, learn how to remove stains from the saree sari, learn how to maintain silk sarees with some quick facts from our website (www.utsavfashion.com).
- Wrapping a sari is an art but maintaining the attire is something that require more attention. There are few suggestions to maintain your saris.
Maintaining your silk sarees :
1. Dry-Cleaning is Preferable
Generally silk sarees should be dry-cleaned. In hand washing, the consistency of the silk may be altered, depending on the finishing treatment used to give it sheen and the colour may run. Chlorine bleach damages silk and causes it to yellow.
2. Washing Silks
Certain pre-wash techniques have made certain washable. Raw silk, china silk, India silk, crepe de chine, Pongee, Shantung, tussar, dupion and jacquard silks are safer to wash. After washing, one should roll in a towel to remove the excess moisture, and then hang on to dry on a padded hanger.
Stained silk sarees should be dry-cleaned as soon as possible. Dyes and sizings tend to discolour with moisture. Therefore attempting to remove stains with water is not recommended without first testing the silk for colour fastness. It is difficult to remove a concentrated food or beverage stain. Scrubbing or pressing could ruin the fabric.
Protein Stains : These stains include blood, deodorant,egg, meat juices and perspiration. To clear such stains, first detergent should be applied to the garment. Then it should be soaked in cool water and laundered. In case of persistent stains, rubbing a mixture of a few drops of Nh2 with hydrogen peroxide should be tried.
Combination Stains : These stains include chocolate,gravy, ice-cream and milk. First a dry-clean solvent should be applied and then dried. The protein part of the stain supplement can be treated by applying liquid detergent and rinsing with cool water. Then after using a prewash stain remover, the silk should be washed in the hottest water that it can stand.
Nailpolish Stain : This can be treated by rubbing acetone on the area.
Lipstick Stains : First Dry-cleaning fluids and then washing in soap and water can be used to remove lipstick stains.
Grease : These stains are usually caused by oils, butter, margarine, crayon, medicines and oil-based cosmetics. Dabbing on talc immediately will lift the stain. After brushing off the talc, a stain remover can be applied and the silk should be washed in the hottest water that it can stand.
Silkguard : Some manufacturers have developed a protective process using chemicals from 3 M corporation of US, which accidental spills (of tea, coffee, food particles, ketchup, oil, etc.) do not spoil the fabric. This treatment is effected at the yarn stage and hence the permeability of the fabric is not affected.
Utsavfashion.com is a shopping service provider for the large Indian community residing in USA, New York, Los Angeles, California, Chicago, Illinois, Houston, Texas, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Phoenix, Arizona, San Diego, California, Dallas, Texas, San Antonio, Texas, Austin, Detroit, Michigan, San Jose, California, Indianapolis, Indiana, San Francisco, California, Jacksonville, Florida, Columbus, Ohio, Austin, Texas, Memphis, Indiana, Indianapolis, Iowa, Des Moines, Tennessee, Baltimore, Maryland, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, El Paso, Texas, Washington, D.C., Seattle, Washington, Fort Worth, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Nashville-Davidson, Tennessee, Portland, Oregon, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Cheyenne, Las Vegas, Nevada, Massachusetts, Boston, Hawaii, Sydney, Mauritius, Fiji Is., Australia, Singapore, India, Malaysia and other parts of world.
Most Recent Customer ReviewsMore Reviews >>
By sunu from merseyside united kingdom on 5/9/2013 11:43:37 PM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :gorgeous saree, looks even better than the photograph, amazing, very happy with this saree.
By Mahreen from NEW JERSEY on 5/17/2013 5:34:45 AM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Comments :I just bought this saree and i love the color and stitching