WHY SHOP FOR SALWAR KAMEEZ AT UTSAV?
- Widest variety of salwar kameez.
- Available in every possible color and in a spectrum of authentic fabrics.
- Can be customized as per size, style, and kind of embroidery work.
- Plus size kurtas available without extra cost.
- Can classify as casual wear, designer wear, party wear, traditional wear or just anytime wear.
Shop by Occasion
Appeal of Unstitched Salwar Kameez
- A salwar kameez is a classic Indian garment, currently amongst the most stylish and in-demand garments around. Unstitched salwar kameez refers to salwar suits that are purchased before the tailoring is done. Thus they are essentially cut pieces of cloth which can then be stitched as per individual requirements. An unstitched salwar suit typically consists of three separate pieces in lengths suitable for the item they are intended to be utilized for, i.e., the salwar or pants, the kameez or long shirt and the dupatta or scarf. Generally the longest piece of about 4.5 metres is reserved for the kameez.
- The main advantage of purchasing unstitched salwar suits is that they can be tailored according to personal taste, requirements and body types. This is especially important for the salwar, a well-fitting piece meant to flatter the curves of a woman in a modest and appealing manner. The unstitched salwar kameez material can be custom tailored, either at home or at a professional tailor’s shop, to drape the figure perfectly in a classy yet attractive way. In case of the salwar, the shape is distinctive and getting the fitting right with a pre-stitched piece can be quite difficult. With the unstitched fabric, one can choose the exact measurements to ensure both comfort and elegance. Moreover, variations like the churidar or pajama pants can be opted for if so desired.
- Another advantage of purchasing a salwar kameez fabric unstitched is the opportunity for experimentation and variety. All the aspects of the cut and style can be customized to match personal tastes. There will be no question of an odd fit or unflattering cut as even the width of the neckline can be altered to perfection. This includes the classic styles like round neck or v-neck as well as interesting modern varieties like cowl neck, square neck, boat neck, collar neck, deep neck, key hole neck or halter neck. The preferred neckline can be combined with the preferred sleeve length, from sleeve-less and straps to half-sleeve, puff sleeve, three fourth sleeve and full sleeve. The fit can be made to be loose or tight, casual or formal as per the occasion and the length of the kameez too can be customized. Thus the final outfit created will be a great amalgamation of the most flattering styles and fabrics.
- Another benefit of purchasing salwar kameez unstitched is it can be quite cost-effective. Especially for those looking to get one-of-a-kind, unique items in their wardrobe, this can be a boon. Many luxurious fabrics can be purchased at lesser costs than finished items made from the same material and then stitched to fit perfectly. Moreover different fabric styles can easily be mixed and matched without any hassles. On the one hand you will find fascinating varieties of designer unstitched salwar kameez, made of expensive fabrics like brocade, zari woven silk, Banarsi silk, Tussar silk, Pashmina wool, georgette and chiffon. They come with beautiful embroideries like Chikan, Dori, Phulkari, Kasab, Dubka and much more. On the other hand, there are many cheap unstitched salwar kameez choices for every day wear and parties. Made of fabrics like cotton, linen, khadi, rayon, viscose and polyester as well as faux silk, georgette or chiffon, these often come with attractive prints including Batik, Madhubani, Bandhej, abstract designs etc. Another very popular fabric is cotton, especially for casual wear. Cotton unstitched salwar kameez can also be made into pretty and comfortable summer-wear suits.
- Unstitched salwar kameez can be made into beautiful clothes which match the latest trends and styles. Incorporating the newest cuts and most fashionable silhouettes will be easy with these types of garments. For instance, unstitched anarkali suits are highly in demand as they afford women the chance to sport the latest styles, but with a customized cut and look. Another relevant trend is to pair up different prints and bold color combinations. Rather than getting a set that matches from head to toe, choose contrasting prints for the salwar, dupatta and kameez. Keep one item plain to add stability to the outfit. This is a great way to experiment with a variety of patterns while still flaunting ethnic beauty. The vast range of regional prints in India are slowly gaining recognition the world over so sporting a Warli or Batik hand printed kameez with a dots printed salwar can really set you apart.
- Unstitched salwars are perfect for special occasions like festivals or wedding where you want to stand out from the crowd. Mix and match a few perfectly fitting designer unstitched salwar suits with some classic Kundan jewelry and embroidered handbags to get multiple stylish looks for any wedding or festival season.
Styling Customized Salwar Kameez for Every Occasion
Shop by Style
Most Recent Customer Reviews
By Vaishali from Edison, NJ on 1/26/2013 3:11:06 AM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :uality of dress was good.
By Zoyah from Rose Belle, Mauritius on 1/19/2013 11:22:52 PM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :The color was exactly as shown and the person to whom it was gifted was delighted about the quality and everything else.