WHY SHOP FOR SALWAR KAMEEZ AT UTSAV?
- Widest variety of salwar kameez.
- Available in every possible color and in a spectrum of authentic fabrics.
- Can be customized as per size, style, and kind of embroidery work.
- Plus size kurtas available without extra cost.
- Can classify as casual wear, designer wear, party wear, traditional wear or just anytime wear.
Shop by Occasion
Shop by Print
Sophisticated Trouser Suits
- Trouser suits are essentially salwar kameez outfits with trouser pants instead of the regular salwar. Also known as parallel salwars or straight salwars, these lend a very formal and western vibe to the traditional kameez. In fact ladies trouser suits are the perfect example of a successful amalgamation of western and Indian fashions. This is one of those indo western outfits created by designers to meet the demand for more formal Indian ethnic outfits for Indian women, but they have really taken off even internationally. With such a wide-spread appeal, designers have started coming up with many different patterns and designs of women’s trouser suits, to attract the attention of women with varying tastes and requirements.
- This new style of wearing a salwar suit has become a major trend in India. A trouser suit is distinguished by trouser like pants that are loose and straight-cut, quite different from tapering salwars and tight fitting churidars, as well as a long kameez or shirt and the dupatta or stole. This combination ensures the ethnic touch remains intact while the pants bring in a more modern vibe. Trouser suits for women are very chic and elegant outfits, with a certain stately charm. This, when added to the comfort and versatility of a salwar suit, is what makes these garments so in demand as smart office wear.
- However there is no restriction in terms of color, fabric and designs. Though one can find sober, cool and comfortable trouser suits ladies would love to wear for office every day, one can also find bright and beautiful varieties for other occasions. For instance, there are many eye-catching ladies’ trouser suits for weddings in vibrant colors like crimson, turquoise, saffron, jade, emerald, mustard and violet. These usually come with appropriately elaborate embellishments of stone work, sequins work, Zari work and much more. Wedding trouser suits will also typically be made of more luxurious fabrics like pure silk, Tussar silk, Banarasi silk, pure georgette, pure chiffon and crepe.
- Weddings are not the only occasion where ladies can wear these elegant outfits. Evening trouser suits for parties, dinners, gatherings and festivals are also available. These will be less ornate and rich looking than trouser suits for weddings. Usually, they will display more subtle and elegant embroideries, as well as slightly bolder cuts on the kameez, to bring in the modern, glamorous element. This includes sleeve-less, spaghetti, halter or deep neck cuts, as well as tightly fitted anarkali silhouettes to show off the curves of women. Sophisticated kameez styles also pair beautifully with modern trouser pants. For instance, a full sleeve, collar neck salwar kameez, richly embroidered with intricate designs, combines perfectly with a well-tailored trouser pant.
- The fabric is crucial to achieving the perfect finish for trouser suits’ for ladies. Lavish materials like silk, velvet, net, pashmina and satin are frequently used to create the party or evening wear options. For daily or office wear, faux georgette, chiffon or even cotton are used. Pure georgette and pure chiffon varieties are quite versatile as they are universally flattering and can be worn for a wide range of events.
Styling Trouser Suits
- For a ladies’ trouser suit, the fitting is very important. Not only the trousers but the kameez as well has to be perfectly tailored to fit the body well, not too tight and not too loose. Only then can the distinctive ethnic formal look be achieved. Often, trouser suits for ladies do not come with dupattas. This is especially the case with heavy, multi-layered kameez and/or kameez with long jackets. This is the trendy way of wearing it. On the other hand, if a dupatta is worn, it should be carefully placed and pinned up. The loose and free-flowing style does not really gel well with the trouser suit look.
- The accessories chosen are crucial to the over-all look. This is especially relevant with indo western styles like these which can easily be under or over dressed up. A good rule to follow is to pick out jewelry that matches with the ‘style’ of the dress as well as the occasion. Thus a smartly cut white trouser suit made of chiffon, silk or georgette, with simple embroidery and beads work, would pair up beautifully with a pearl necklace set. On the other hand only a golden jewelry set should be worn with gold printed or zari embroidered women’s trouser suits. For office, pick a simple pendant and earrings set, while for a party add a few bangles or go with a more elaborate necklace. High heel sandals are essential additions to these outfits at all times as flat shoes do not match with the trouser style at all.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
By Vaishali from Edison, NJ on 1/26/2013 3:11:06 AM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :uality of dress was good.
By Zoyah from Rose Belle, Mauritius on 1/19/2013 11:22:52 PM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :The color was exactly as shown and the person to whom it was gifted was delighted about the quality and everything else.