WHY SHOP FOR SALWAR KAMEEZ AT UTSAV?
- Widest variety of salwar kameez.
- Available in every possible color and in a spectrum of authentic fabrics.
- Can be customized as per size, style, and kind of embroidery work.
- Plus size kurtas available without extra cost.
- Can classify as casual wear, designer wear, party wear, traditional wear or just anytime wear.
Modern salwar kameez designs
- A salwar kameez is traditional Indian attire that is made up of two elements. The first is a closed shirt that varies in length from the thighs to the knees, known as the kameez. As the length of the shirt only extends to the knees, it is usually teamed up with loosely fitted bottoms that flare around the hips and taper (only slightly) at the ankles, known as the salwar. The outfit in entirety is known as the salwar-kameez.
- Designs for salwar kameez know no bounds in terms of the usage of fabrics, embellishments and cuts. A tweak here and a pull there can result in a whole different form of salwar kameez design. The beauty of this attire lies in its ease of wear and universal appeal. While other traditional dresses like the saree and lehenga choli are festive, formal or for exclusive usage only, these outfits are more versatile. Elaborate designs of salwar kameez can be used for special occasions while a more subtle salwar kameez design can be adopted as daily wear. The designs can be traditional and specific to a particular region such as the Lucknowi Chikankari work and the Punjabi Phulkari design or they can be modern, mechanically produced designs such as block prints and floral prints.
- When one thinks of a shalwar kameez design, it is mostly assumed that the bodices of the kameez or the shalwar are completely printed or embellished. However, the latest salwar suit designs showcase embellishments only in certain portions of the two elements of the attire leaving the remaining parts plain. This renders an elegant and classy look, making this outfit suited for formal environments like the office, business conferences and interviews as well as small scale celebrations such as birthday parties. For instance, elaborate kashida embroidery as part of the neck designs for salwar kameez or pretty prints on the cuffs, neckline and hem of the kurta give a chic look to the wearer. The latest line of new salwar kameez designs in fact involves intricate and rich neck designs.
- Among the other latest trends in salwar kameez neck designs are zari, lace and applique work and gota patti designs. The reason why designers are so focused on a salwar kameez neck design is so that the beauty and elegance of a woman’s collarbone can be highlighted.
- Besides focusing on holistic salwar kameez patterns, designers and design houses have come up with highlighting salwar designs in themselves. Patiala salwar kameez designs for instance, are reminiscent of Punjab and the Pind wherein the kameez ends at least 3 inches above the knees and is teamed up with an elaborately flared salwar that has many pleats at the hip and a matching dupatta. This type of salwar is known as the patiala.
Trending Salwar Kameez Designs
- There are a plethora of options to choose from when it comes to salwar kameez designs for girls. Here are some of the latest salwar suits designs that are always in vogue:-
- Velvet salwar kameez designs have been all the rage on the runway recently. The elegance of velvet, especially when it is complemented by exquisite zari work is unmatched. Several Bollywood and South Indian film actresses have been spotted wearing velvet salwar kameez in a variety of styles both on and off the ramp.
- The ultimate Indian ethnic summer look can be achieved by sporting white salwar kameez. Chikankari work is one of the most traditional forms of embroidery in India and was initially exclusively done on white cotton. As the nature of the work evolved so did the color palette. However, kaarigars (craftsmen) still prefer to work on pale colors and pastels. Even if one has purchased a chikankaari kurta in green, it will still be set off beautifully with a white cotton bottom.
- The charm of the salwar kameez is that it suits a variety of contours and curves. When exploring salwar kameez design ideas, it is always sensible to take note of one’s shape and then opt for a style that compliments it. For instance, patiala salwars are better suited to women who have slender hips as these bottoms are designed to add more volume to that area whereas 3/4th sleeve kameez are ideal for women with heavier arms as it gives better shape and adds to the overall style.
- Accessorizing the latest design of salwar kameez perfectly is as important as the outfit itself. Jutis and mojaris are the perfect footwear to complete the look. Other options can be kohlapuri chappals as well as sandals in materials other than leather. Wedge heels as well as sandal heels work well for when the attire is worn at special occasions.