WHY SHOP FOR SAREES AT UTSAV?
- The largest variety by any stretch of the imagination
- Absolutely and incredibly authentic stuff from master craftsmen.
- 'Exclusive' sarees that cannot be found anywhere else in the online market.
- Different varieties of sarees sourced from different states - all in one site.
- Every colour, every fabric, every kind of work, every style available.
Learn how to wear a saree in Mermaid Style
Blouse : The Indian blouse called "choli" is the traditional attire and is usually worn with the saree or lehnga. It is essentially a low cut midriff baring blouse. It could either be sleeveless, half sleeves or full sleeves. The choli is cut to fit tight.
Petticoat : A petticoat or underskirt is an article of clothing for women; specifically an undergarment to be worn under a saree. The petticoat is a separate garment hanging from the waist. Saree petticoats usually match the color of the saree.
Pallu: The fanciest patterned end or loose end of the saree that falls on the outside so that the design can be seen.
Step by step instructions :
- Wear a petticoat/underskirt tightly tied by a drawstring at the waist.
- A nicely fitted blouse/top is worn before draping the saree.
- Tuck the first & upper end of saree in the right hand side at the waistband of petticoat.
- Take the material/saree to the back & then finally taking it to the front by completing one round & tucking it at the waist hand in hand.
- Now,tuck the upper border part which comes just at the starting phase of palla part just for support in making pleats.
- Bring the palla part to the front making a complete round from backside.
- Start making pleats & then after place the palla at your right shoulder keeping the length of the palla 4� above the floor from the front side & finally fix it up with a pin.
- We don�t make pleats in this style of draping. So, just adjust the loose parts of saree in front by spreading & balancing it around giving a plain & finished look.
- Now, drag the last layer of border part from back to front by covering the bust area & then fixing it at the right hand side tightly with a pin along with your petticoat.
- Now, making the border apart with the pleats put one more pin on the right shoulder for fixing it up.
- This style of saree makes you look sexy, sensuous & slim.
Learn how to wear some more styles like :
Most Recent Customer ReviewsMore Reviews >>
By sunu from merseyside united kingdom on 5/9/2013 11:43:37 PM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :gorgeous saree, looks even better than the photograph, amazing, very happy with this saree.
By Mahreen from NEW JERSEY on 5/17/2013 5:34:45 AM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Comments :I just bought this saree and i love the color and stitching