WHY SHOP FOR SAREES AT UTSAV?
- The largest variety by any stretch of the imagination
- Absolutely and incredibly authentic stuff from master craftsmen.
- 'Exclusive' sarees that cannot be found anywhere else in the online market.
- Different varieties of sarees sourced from different states - all in one site.
- Every colour, every fabric, every kind of work, every style available.
Learn how to wear a saree in Bengali/Devdas Style
Blouse : The Indian blouse called "choli" is the traditional attire and is usually worn with the saree or lehnga. It is essentially a low cut midriff baring blouse. It could either be sleeveless, half sleeves or full sleeves. The choli is cut to fit tight.Petticoat : A petticoat or underskirt is an article of clothing for women; specifically an undergarment to be worn under a saree. The petticoat is a separate garment hanging from the waist. Saree petticoats usually match the color of the saree.
Pallu: The fanciest patterned end or loose end of the saree that falls on the outside so that the design can be seen
Step by step instructions :
- Wear a petticoat/underskirt tightly tied by a drawstring at the waist.
- A nicely fitted blouse/top is worn before draping the saree
- Tuck the first & upper end of the saree/material in the right hand side at the waistband of petticoat.
- Take the material/saree to back & then taking it to the front by completing one round.
- Now, make the reverse pleats by tucking the saree at back. The pleats of the saree should be falling in such a way that the back/reverse side of the saree should be showing at front.
- Now, take the rest of the saree/materials to the forward direction & start making pleats according to the width of the border of saree.
- Adjusting the pleats made, rest them on the left shoulder throwing the palla in such a way that you get a straight/vertical fall infront with the pleats & borders done.
- Now, adjust your pleats neatly with proper fall & drag the border to the back covering the bust area & finally fix it up tightly with a pin
- Now, hold the corner of the pallu part/ material & drag it keeping under the shoulder with a pin making a V at side.
- For giving complete Bengali look, you can tie a bunch of keys or key holder or key ring at the edge of the palla throwing it to back.
- In case, if u donít feel comfortable by putting the palla at right shoulder, then u can drag the pallu & pin it up at your left shoulder only.
- In this style, we can see four borders in the front look of the saree style/drape.
- To give a new look, we can also fix the corner of the palla by rotating & finally pinning it up at your right wrist.
- For a bride, we can use the back fall or cowl of the saree for covering the head by supporting it with the hairstyle & then fixing it with a pin.
Learn how to wear some more styles like :
Most Recent Customer ReviewsMore Reviews >>
By sunu from merseyside united kingdom on 5/9/2013 11:43:37 PM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :gorgeous saree, looks even better than the photograph, amazing, very happy with this saree.
By Mahreen from NEW JERSEY on 5/17/2013 5:34:45 AM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Comments :I just bought this saree and i love the color and stitching