WHY SHOP FOR SAREES AT UTSAV?
- The largest variety by any stretch of the imagination.
- Absolutely and incredibly authentic stuff from master craftsmen.
- 'Exclusive' sarees that cannot be found anywhere else in the online market.
- Different varieties of sarees sourced from different states - all in one site.
- Every colour, every fabric, every kind of work, every style available.
- Since the time immemorial, the Chinese have produced as well as used silk fabric. The very fact is that raising silk worms was one amongst the several chores of the farm women in China. It was through China that silk was exported via silk route. The Chinese never let out the secret of about how the silk was produced. However, in the later years, smuggling my Chinese monks led the introduction of silk manufacture in several other nations as well.
- silk is one such fabric making its own style statement. Just say, ‘silk’ to anyone and you can visualize their reaction. silk has had a reputation of a luxurious and sensous fabric that has been associated with wealth and success. One of the oldest textile fibers that is known to man is silk. During the Roman empire, silk was sold for its weight in gold.
- In today’s world, silk has become yet another word for elegance because silk garments are prized for their versatility, wear-ability and off course, comfort. Silk is the strongest natural fiber and this can be shown as:- A steel filament of the same diameter as silk will break before a filament of silk will. Silk does absorb moisture thereby making it cool in the summer and warm in the winter. On account of its high absorbency, it is quite easily dyed in several deep colors. Silk does retains its shape, drapes well, caress the figure as well as shimmers with a luster on all of its own.
- Silk garments range from evening wear to sports wear. The silk can go well as an office wear with a change of accessories or a saree that is perfect for an elegant dinner ensemble. Silk garments can be quite well worn for all major reasons.
Shop by Style
There are varied varieties of silk. Some of these are:-
1. Noil- It is quite sportier in appearance as well as created by short fibers more often produced from the innermost part of the cocoon. It has the look of hopsack but is quite softer.
2. Organza- It is quite similar to cotton organdy except that it is made with silk and is transparent.
3. Pongee- It is plain woven, thin and naturally tan fabric that has a rough weave effect.
4. Silk Broadcloth is a plain weave silk in varied weights that is crisper than China silk. It is quite often used in shirting.
Most Recent Customer ReviewsMore Reviews >>
By sunu from merseyside united kingdom on 5/9/2013 11:43:37 PM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Comments :gorgeous saree, looks even better than the photograph, amazing, very happy with this saree.
By Mahreen from NEW JERSEY on 5/17/2013 5:34:45 AM
Bottom Line : Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Comments :I just bought this saree and i love the color and stitching